Sunday, September 18, 2011

Mayweather Vs Ortiz 2011 is an Unfair Fight?


Predictions and different opinions rise up after the fight of Mayweather and Ortiz. At first round we found out that they are both aggressive in the fight. More times Mayweather hit the face Ortiz. But Ortiz trying to fight back and have the best opportunity to corner Mayweather. Ortiz was so much aggressive resulting to even used his head in punching against Mayweather.That was resulted to a dangerous headbutt by Ortiz.

Because of that I see Ortiz saying sorry to Mayweather but it happens that Mayweather have the opportunity to hit him a left hook and a straight punch resulted the end of the fight.

In my opinion! They have all the fault, I do not see the referee calling for the resume of the fight. Mayweather also take advantage. Ortiz fault was the headbutt and he was careless also.

The controversy was the interview of Larry Merchant to Floyd Mayweather. Here’s what Larry Merchant said to Floyd Mayweather as to what he considered to be a sucker punch.

“Congratulations Floyd. You hear the crowd. At least a good part of it is in an uproar because they felt that you took shots at him unfairly after you went together in the ring. You made up for the head butt. And then you poked him. What’s your story.”

Mayweather: “First off, I want to thank God for this victory. Because without God, none of this would be possible. I want to thank my team. I got hit with a dirty shot. And um. And it’s protect yourself at all times. I hit him with a left hook, right hand. And that ended the bout.”

Larry Merchant: ”So you’re saying that even though it appeared that he wasn’t protecting himself and thought that was part of the ceremony you were going through of apology, that you unfairly took advantage of it what do you say to those who say ‘what are you doing there you were winning the fight and were in charge.’”.

Floyd Mayweather: ”I just want to tell everybody that bought pay per view that came out to Las Vegas Thank You!…”

Larry Merchant: “Floyd, you know you’re a promoter, but now we’re talking to you as a prize-fighter. Let’s take a look at what happened at the end of the fight and you describe it.”

Mayweather: ”We touched, we touched gloves. Right Hook. Right hand. And that’s all she wrote.”

Larry Merchant: ”So for you it was just an automatic response, let’s get on with the fight.”

Mayweather: “It’s protect yourself at all times. He done something dirty. We’re not here to cry about what he did dirty or what I did dirty. I was victorious. If he want a re-match, we can get a re-match.”

Merchant: ”You were in charge of the fight. You were aggressive. And taking advantage of…”

Mayweather: ”You know what I’m gonna do, cause you never give me a fair shake you know that? So I’m gonna let you go talk to Victor Ortiz. All right. I’m through. And put someone else up here to give me the interview.”

Merchant: ”What are you talking about”?

Mayweather: ”You never give me a fair shake. HBO needs to fire you. You don’t know shit about boxing. You ain’t shit! You’re not shit!

Merchant: ”I wish I was 50 years younger and I’d kick your ass!”

Mayweather: ”You won’t do shit!”

No comments:

Post a Comment